Friday 7 December 2012

Winter "train" in

I have wanted to do this for ages. Catch a train from Fort William to the Corrour station on Ranoch Mor then hike into the bothies and climb some hills. On top of this adventure it was winter and I was told that there were 20 soldiers on a training mission watching the vallies goings on.
Over looking the Mamores from the Grey Corries.

The Grey corries was my first target, so after an early start, I headed up the glen and started wading up on the the tops.  After two summits, an enormous amount of buffeting and with two very tired legs, I decided to bail off the ridge back to the bothy for a well earned rest.
The Grey corries from Stob Ban
For day two I adjusted my ambitious plan of two Munros to climb Stob Ban instead.  The climb was really nice, strong winds but perfect skies graced me all day with no one else around,
Stob Ban during a beautiful winter day

No comments:

Post a Comment