Wednesday 12 September 2012

Glen Coe

The next stop on my tour of Scottish hill walks was Glen coe.  I based my self in Glen Coe village and spent 4 days walking solo.
The river Coe guarded by the Pap of Glen Coe.
The first day, I hitched down the road to Ballachulish to walk the Beinn a'Bheithir horseshoe.  The ridge upto Sgorr Dhearg was spectacular and the scree decent into Gleann a Chaolais was great fun.
The Aonach Eagach ridge appearing out of the mist
Day two I was a little nervous to head to the Aonach Eagach rideg on my own however once on the ridge i relaxed and enjoyed the whole experience.  There was one other team that I met fairly ealry on.  The ridge appeared and dissappeared into the cloud throughout the day and I was amazied to see a Brocken spectre.
Brocken spectre on the Aonach Eagach ridge.
In the evening I got a call from the St Andrews Mountainearing Club saying that there were heading over for the weekend.  I met up with Byron and Natalie and had a great day on Buachaille Etive Mor.  We assended the "Chasem to Crowberry Ridge" traverse which was horible, loose and wet but the views from the summit were superb.
Jonny, Natalie and Byron on Stob Dearg.
The decent on Curved ridge was superb and the bash across the heather back to the car was soon forgotten aftre a couple in the Clachaig Inn.
Decending Curved Ridge.




No comments:

Post a Comment