Monday 17 October 2011

Microadventure to Tensmuir

After watching Alistair Humphreys sleep on a hill video where he; get a on a train straight after work at 5, climbs a hill, sleeps on it then is back to work by 9 I thought I'd do something similar.
So I set of at 5pm from East Sands in a kayak heading towards to Tensmuir Forest, the other side of the Eden Estury.  As the tide way on it's way out, there was a strong current to cross befors landing on the beach and pulling the boat up into the dunes.
I got a fire going first then enjoyed the amazing red sunset before sliding into my bivi bag.  I fell asleep at 7.30pm next to a cosy fire gazing up at the stars.
I woke at 8am next morning after a great nights sleep, ate my peanut butter and jam sandwich and got back in the boat to paddle home.
It was amazing to squeeze and adventure between days and great to have spent my first (of many) nights out in a bivi bag.

No comments:

Post a Comment