Sunday 20 March 2011

Falls of Lora

The 20th of March whitnessed the closest moon in 20 years which means only one thing, the Falls of Lora will be pumping.
Surfing "Main Wave" source
So early Sunday morning, Sean, Calum, Grant and myself headed over to the west coast for some scary surfing.  Half way over I realised that I had forgotten my kit, so on arrival I had to beg borow and steal; from the kind kayak comunity to get a full set of kit.

Surfing "Main Wave" and "Centre Wave" source
We hopped on as soon as possible as the main wave was forming nicely.  The initial surfs were pretty scary with big waves, whirlpools and lots of "funny water" to deal with after washing of the wave.

It was great to watch all the locals ripping it up with all 3 waves working well.  Slowly we got the hang of the waves and all ended with getting a few good runs.

Quickly the tide came back in and within minutes the waves washed out signalling the end of the surfing and the end of a great day.

Cheers Calum, Sean and Grant for a great day and all the kind kayakers that had kit to lend to me.  (video to come)

No comments:

Post a Comment