Thursday 24 February 2011

BUKE planning weekend in the Lakes

On the 18th of February Sam Sawday and myself drove down to just outside Kendal to meet the rest of the BUKE team in the bunkhouse for a weekend of; paddling and planning.

The new team line up
Unfortunatley the bunkhouse that I booked didn't have the plush 4 poster beds I was expecting so I foolishly left my sleeping bag at home resulting in a couple of very chilly nights in my group shelter.
Sam cruising on the Kent
The levels on Saturday were fairly low so we decided to paddle the Kent and Leven.  Theses are two great grd. 3/4 runs that the team enjoyed befor heading back to the barn for some planning.

The water cunningly hiding my lack of BA!
 Plans were hached, sponsorship deals were disscussed and a tasty spagetti bolognase was cooked in a microwave and kettle after we realised that again our "plush" bunkhouse didn't contain a cooker!

Sam and Joe planning

On Sunday we decided to go for a walk to get to know the team a bit better which was great fun and involved a certain amount of sheep hearding much to Joe's ammusmant.

Cheers guys for a great weekend, and see you all at NSR for some beach mayhem!

No comments:

Post a Comment